I’m doing this all wrong and I know it. This blog is not ready to be a non-secret blog that people actually know exists. Here are some reasons I should delay publicizing it:
- I should have amassed a bunch of posts, ready to go, so there’s not a delay between posts. I have amassed nothing.
- I never got to the point of really understanding WordPress (i.e., understanding it at all), and there were such long periods of time between posts that I would forget everything I had learned. If my common core math calculations are correct, I actually may know less than nothing about WordPress now.
- I shouldn’t have dead fish as my header image. As my husband pointed out here, having a dead fish header is just plain weird. I should have learned how to replace my header with a different image, but now I can’t even remember how I got that image there in the first place.
- (Insert a bunch more valid reasons to delay here…)
Here’s why I’m doing this anyway:
- Tomorrow is my birthday and, after half a century, I can’t think of a better time to take this step toward the edge of my comfort zone.